Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lecture

Everything that we do is followed by a question on its motive. A casual “Kya faida yaar?”; or a seemingly cool sounding “whats the point dude?”; or a li’l more indigenously violent “mujhe kya milega?.. kyuun karoon mein bata?”
Perhaps climbing the steps of evolution, walking on the sands of time, blah blah, the self centred half of the human brain has grown upon the kinder one. People think twice before stopping by and helping a dying man after a road accident! What if police comes and we get into all sorts of trouble? Is this not a question on the very humanity of the breed we so proudly claim "social"?
I feel sad reading reports that say people are most willing to help when they find some positive outcome for themselves. The unfortunate affair, however, is that the definition of this “positive outcome” part is unclear, and I guess, exploited.
Even though I am not authorised to, I would like to hereby make a humble request. Just try to find some time off your really busy schedule and give this thing a thought. When I do something that atleast I feel is selfless, won’t it give me the satisfaction that’s good enough to make my day? Well that certainly qualifies as a “positive outcome”. The smile that you would create, the acknowledgements that you get and the respect that you would command would surely weigh much more than any “positive outcome” you can think of.

Whoa!! That was quite a lecture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment